I'm only 14 years old and I am not completely sure if i have OCD or not. I've seen television shows on people who have OCD but i haven't seen anybody quite like me. I have an obsession of making sure everything is even. Such as, my room has many posters and stuff hanging on the walls, and I spend hours making sure that the poster on one side of the wall is in the exact same spot on the other side of the wall. I do this with many things like money, items in my bathroom cabinet, stuff on desks, mostly anything that i can fix. Another thing i obsess about is making things even on my body. Like if someone pokes me repeatedly on my right arm, i poke myself on my left arm in the exact same spot until they are even. But that's only sometimes. So I was wondering if maybe you could tell me if this is normal or not?? Thanks for your time
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Dombeck responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Dombeck intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Dombeck to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Dombeck, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Dombeck and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.